The day I found out about the life growing in my tummy

The day I found out I was pregnant was probably the most beautiful, stressful, happy and confused day of my life. As someone who struggled with irregular periods, I never worried when my flow was late, it was normal for me to be a few days, a week or even a month late. My fiancΓ© (boyfriend at the timeπŸ˜‹) and I had previously talked about having children. We both wanted to have children but were uncertain about our capacity to conceive and to be honest we weren’t in much of a rush to conceive because I was still studying for my Undergraduate Bachelors degree in Finance. So I was on the pill at the time which also helped regulating my flow.
On October 22nd 2016, early morning, I was just over 2 weeks late and had very sore breast which was sometimes a sign of my period announcing itself. I snuck out of bed that morning and into the bathroom. We kept a couple of pregnancy tests to avoid the awkward pharmacy visits so I took one and peed on the stick. πŸ™ˆ I placed the test face down for the time you’re supposed to allow it to work. I remember thinking “if I’m pregnant, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself because I didn’t think I was ready, I hadn’t graduated yet and neither was I married also at 20 years old” which had always been my conditions that needed to be satisfied prior to making babies,that was an unideal situation for me. But as I once was told ‘when you plan, God laughs’ I turned the test around and two solid lines appeared and I just sat there in silence, starring at this test. My boyfriend was fast asleep so I snuck out of the room and went outside to catch my breath.
There was a beautiful cool breeze that morning and I stood there staring into nothing and it’s funny how I had my hand on my belly and the thought that we had created a life was so overwhelming, I just burst into tears.. I couldn’t help thinking about how excited my boyfriend was going to be and how much love this baby was going to bring into our lives.
In the spur of the moment, I rushed back into the house and on to the bed and whispered in his ear, “wake up, I’ve got something to tell you. I’m pregnant”.

My boyfriend at 35 had never experienced a pregnancy, not even a pregnancy scare so I wasn’t surprised when he asked us to go buy more tests and had me pee on all of them just to embrace the two solid lines that would appear. I peed on over 6 sticks that day. I think I was very dependent on his response to help me be happy with the pregnancy, I needed him to accept it and embrace it. And seeing the joy in his eyes was enough for me to fully appreciate the journey we were starting.That, was unarguably one of the best days of my life.

15 Comments Add yours

1. Tshepiso says:

Nxcooh this is extremely cute. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and love sees no age, gender or race. I am extremely happy you found your true love. This is your story and i am glad you are telling it like it is. Kids are blessings. And thank you for sharing.Tshepii

Liked by 1 person

1. anitaghanie says:

Thank you so much, honestly didn’t think anyone would see this.. my heart is full of warmth ❀ thank you πŸ’‹

2. Tsaone says:

So so sweet, Reading this makes me shed a tear as I struggled so much falling pregnant 🀰 then again the time we decided to start a family I feel like I delayed I should have done this a long time back,you make me want to take it all back.i waited to finish school,get married,be on some endless honeymoon πŸ˜–πŸ˜,Persue some things not knowing that all those can be done while the bundle is here growing up.Never regret anything and trust that the Lords timing is always perfect! I would like to know how many weeks you are? If u don’t mind ! I love u,follow u on Instagram even.Anyway the lord decided to put me out of misery as I am 18 weeks pregnant 🀰..so overwhelmed as my husband is a family guy..got married at 26 to 28 year old nigga plan was to have two kids before I reach the age 30 praying that it does happen (see that’s where the regret of delay comes from) Good Luck and congrats to the both of you. Hope u will stay in touch as first time mummy buddies, and to help with one or two things about marriage πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜….

1. anitaghanie says:

Ooh my 😊 thank you for taking the time to read thisπŸ’› congratulations on your pregnancy 🀰🏽.. I’m sure it was all in Gods plan for you.. I think the one thing I’ve learned is that there is no right time or wrong time, things happen when they are meant to, at the perfect time. Im really happy for you and your husband and hope that the journey will be everything you have dreamed of. I’m 26 weeks in.. and yes it would definitely be great to keep in touch, we mommies need as much support as we can get..
      Thank you again for reading and sharing.. can’t wait to here more from you. πŸ’›πŸ’›

3. KUTLWANO says:

I love how no matter how I thought i was ready to read this I still got too emotional

Liked by 1 person

1. anitaghanie says:

πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ˆ you got emotional.. πŸ’› thank you for the support, taking the time to read itπŸ™πŸ½

4. Mumsy Themba says:

Can I just say that watching you grow, even from a distance has been a dream. That wide eyed, sing alot, girl you used to be and this remarkable woman you’ve have grown to be are a blessing to those of us around you. This is inspiring. For love, and happiness and dream chasing, you’re a wonder woman. 😒😍 Live your best life. We’re praying with you.

Liked by 1 person

1. anitaghanie says:

Wow, thank you πŸ’› I am truly humbled by your sweet kind words. Yes I remember the young girl I used to be and the journey to who I am now.. thank you for the support. Stay blessed πŸ™πŸ½

Liked by 1 person

5. Refilwe Gaelesiwe says:

πŸ˜‚I’m actually more in love with you for your honesty, how it was so scary because if the circumstances surrounding you pregnancy but in the end you came around and embraced it❀

Liked by 1 person

1. anitaghanie says:

Honestly it’s taught me to always look for the silver lining in every situation.. thank you for taking the time to read.

6. chantal joni says:

loved reading this babe.. Congratulations!

Liked by 1 person

1. anitaghanie says:

Thank you so much ❀️ also for taking the time to read through

7. Keletso says:

Actually you inspire as I’m 20, pregnant, about to graduate, engaged and also trying to persue my dreams

Liked by 1 person